CHINATOWN, a half-hour vérité style documentary profiling the oldest ethnic community in Washington, D.C., has launched a Kickstarter campaign to raise finishing funds for the film. “It’s been ten days since our launch on Kickstarter and we’re very grateful for the pledges and support from the community. The confidence people have shown in the project strengthens our belief in the need to tell the story,” said filmmaker Yi Chen. Titled “CHINATOWN: A Documentary Film in Post-Production” on Kickstarter, the project has 78 backers and already reached 60% if its goal.
Subscribe to Sampan
- The New Center for Arts & Culture to Host Third Annual ‘Moo Shu Jew’
- Senior citizens updated on scams and health care
- Restaurant Guide: Joyful Garden
- Ask Dr. Zhao: Can you die from too much anesthesia?
- Teens mobilize for underage drinking awareness
- Chinatown meeting roundup: CCBA, CNC, CRA, CSC
- Two Chinatown committees elect 2014 members
- Anti-Defamation League rings in 100th anniversary with panel on immigration reform
- ATASK celebrates 20 years at Silk Road Gala
- New England Table Tennis Championship held at MIT
Most Popular Tags
AACA affordable housing A Food Aficionado ah-Lin American Anna Ing Asian Asian American Asian American Civic Association Asian Community Development Corporation Boston Boston Chinatown Neighborhood Center Boston Police Department Boston Public Schools Children China Chinatown Chinatown Resident Association Chinatown Safety Committee Chinese Chinese Progressive Association Community Crime Deval Patrick diabetes Empty Bamboo Girl Gary Christenson Governor Deval Patrick Health Immigration Joanne Wong Lillian Chan Ling-Mei Wong Malden Massachusetts Mayor Gary Christenson Mayor Thomas Menino Quincy Real Estate Sampan Thomas Menino Tufts Tufts Medical Center women Youth