Mayor Gary Christenson and City Council President Neal Anderson attended the swearing in of newly appointed Superior Court Judge Kenneth V. Desmond, Jr. on January 15th in Boston. Judge Desmond was formerly an Associate Justice of the Boston Municipal Court and served as the Presiding Judge of the Dorchester Drug Court. Last November, Judge Desmond was nominated to the Superior Court by Governor Patrick to fill the vacancy of the retiring Honorable Elizabeth Bowen Donovan. Judge Desmond was born and raised, and continues to reside in Malden’s Ward 7.
Subscribe to Sampan
- Individual English tutoring for adults
- MEMA issues tips to ensure safe winter driving
- New Boston Fund and Asian Community Development Corporation begin construction on One Greenway
- The New Center for Arts & Culture to Host Third Annual ‘Moo Shu Jew’
- Senior citizens updated on scams and health care
- Restaurant Guide: Joyful Garden
- Ask Dr. Zhao: Can you die from too much anesthesia?
- Teens mobilize for underage drinking awareness
- Chinatown meeting roundup: CCBA, CNC, CRA, CSC
- Two Chinatown committees elect 2014 members
Most Popular Tags
AACA affordable housing A Food Aficionado ah-Lin American Anna Ing Asian Asian American Asian American Civic Association Asian Community Development Corporation Boston Boston Chinatown Neighborhood Center Boston Police Department Boston Public Schools Children China Chinatown Chinatown Resident Association Chinatown Safety Committee Chinese Chinese Progressive Association Community Crime Deval Patrick diabetes Empty Bamboo Girl Gary Christenson Governor Deval Patrick Health Immigration Joanne Wong Lillian Chan Ling-Mei Wong Malden Massachusetts Mayor Gary Christenson Mayor Thomas Menino Quincy Real Estate Sampan Thomas Menino Tufts Tufts Medical Center women Youth