Tufts University on May 16 announced that it will seek approval from the Boston Public Health Commission to build a 1,700 square foot biosafety level 3 research laboratory within its School of Medicine’s existing Biomedical Research and Public Health Building at 136 Harrison Avenue. The Arnold 8 Biosafety Laboratory will enable Tufts researchers to find new ways to detect, prevent and treat serious infectious diseases such as tuberculosis, for which treatments exist but for which new therapeutics are needed.
Subscribe to Sampan
- Individual English tutoring for adults
- MEMA issues tips to ensure safe winter driving
- New Boston Fund and Asian Community Development Corporation begin construction on One Greenway
- The New Center for Arts & Culture to Host Third Annual ‘Moo Shu Jew’
- Senior citizens updated on scams and health care
- Restaurant Guide: Joyful Garden
- Ask Dr. Zhao: Can you die from too much anesthesia?
- Teens mobilize for underage drinking awareness
- Chinatown meeting roundup: CCBA, CNC, CRA, CSC
- Two Chinatown committees elect 2014 members
Most Popular Tags
AACA affordable housing A Food Aficionado ah-Lin American Anna Ing Asian Asian American Asian American Civic Association Asian Community Development Corporation Boston Boston Chinatown Neighborhood Center Boston Police Department Boston Public Schools Children China Chinatown Chinatown Resident Association Chinatown Safety Committee Chinese Chinese Progressive Association Community Crime Deval Patrick diabetes Empty Bamboo Girl Gary Christenson Governor Deval Patrick Health Immigration Joanne Wong Lillian Chan Ling-Mei Wong Malden Massachusetts Mayor Gary Christenson Mayor Thomas Menino Quincy Real Estate Sampan Thomas Menino Tufts Tufts Medical Center women Youth