Citizens’ Housing and Planning Association (CHAPA) and partnering cosponsors* are holding a Gubernatorial Forum at Faneuil Hall on Wednesday, July 9, 2014 from 2-4pm. Callie Crossley of WGBH will moderate as candidates are asked to share their plans for increasing affordable housing opportunities and fostering vibrant communities throughout the Commonwealth.
“This is an exciting opportunity to hear from the candidates early on as we consider the future of affordable housing and community development in Massachusetts,” said Brenda Clement, Executive Director of CHAPA. “We are pleased that the candidates are eager to share their vision for our state.”
The event will begin at 2:00pm on the 2nd floor of Faneuil Hall, 1 Faneuil Square, Boston. Doors will open at 1:30pm. Pre-registration is required. Visit www.chapa.org/event for more information and to register.
*This event has been organized in partnership with the following cosponsors:
– Boston Center for Independent Living
– The Community Builders
– Commonwealth Housing Taskforce
– Community Teamwork, Home Funders
– Homes for Families
– Jewish Community Housing for the Elderly
– Massachusetts Association of Community Development Corporations
– Massachusetts Coalition for the Homeless
– Massachusetts Housing and Shelter Alliance
– Metropolitan Boston Housing Partnership
– Regional Housing Network of Massachusetts
Citizens’ Housing and Planning Association (CHAPA) is the leading statewide housing policy and research organization in Massachusetts. Established in 1967, CHAPA represents all interests in the housing field, including non-profit and for-profit developers, advocates, homeowners, tenants, lenders, property managers, government officials, and others.