SBA, SCORE & Asian American Civic Association to Host Workshop:
“Strategies & Assistance for Asian Importing & Exporting”
BOSTON – SBA, SCORE, and the Asian American Civic Association (AACA) will host a workshop on importing and exporting with Asia on June 10th from 9:00 – 11:00 a.m. at AACA, 87 Tyler Street in Boston’s Chinatown neighborhood. This is the first such workshop hosted by the SBA in this neighborhood in several years and takes place during SBA’s “World Trade Month” in June. The workshop will be conducted by six experts with expertise in importing and exporting to/from Asian manufacturing, supply chain management, logistics, finance and legal issues.
- · Paula Murphy- Founding Director of the Massachusetts Export Center with over 20 years of international business experience.
- · Jerry Blakeley – Owner of Extech Instruments Corp in Waltham and sold it to a public company after 37 years. Extech sold overseas and both designed and manufactured handheld test and measurements instruments in Taiwan, China and Korea.
- · Maurice Mitchell – Maurice is the International Account Manager with UPS. Primarily works with Massachusetts based companies on developing their international supply chains.
- · Peter Dobbs – Peter is a SCORE Counselor whose career as an international commercial banker included assignments in Malaysia, Hong Kong and Singapore. His specializations included using trade finance, structured finance and supply chain finance to support global commodity flows from producers to consumers.
- · Michael Laffan – Michael is a SCORE Counselor who worked in England and Australia prior to spending 40 years as an International Trade Banker in Boston, where he worked to facilitate international trade and market the bank services to importers and exporters.
- · Paula Connelly – Paula is a principal in the Law Offices of Paula M. Connelly, a law firm specializing in Customs and international trade matters, and the Legal Counsel for the Boston Customs Brokers and Freight Forwarders Association – with over 20 years of experience in customs and international trade matters and works with numerous importers and exporters in addressing and resolving import and export compliance issues.
Small businesses looking to increase sales and profit are taking their businesses global. SBA provides counseling, training and financing to support small business export opportunities. To learn more about the SBA, visit www.sba.gov.
WHAT: SBA, SCORE & Asian American Civic Association Workshop: “Strategies & Assistance for Asian Importing & Exporting”
WHEN: Tuesday, June 10th, 9:00 – 11:00 a.m.
WHERE: AACA, 87 Tyler Street, Boston MA 02111
HOW: Registration: Norman.Eng@sba.gov