Chinatown neighborhood cleanliness
- Chinatown residential trash is collected on Monday, Wednesday and Friday of each week.
- Your recycling collection day is Friday only.
- Place your trash and recycling curbside on the morning of collection days by 7 a.m. This will help reduce litter and rodent food sources.
- All trash and recycling must be properly contained and secured. Trash must be placed in a 30-gallon trash barrel with a lid or sturdy trash bag. Plastic or paper grocery bags are too thin.
- Recycling should be placed and secured in a clear plastic bag.
- It is illegal to use City sidewalk litter barrels or Big Belly compactors for the disposal of residential or commercial trash.
Inspectional Services Department restaurant checklist
- Site Cleanliness licenses are renewed once a year on date of expiration
- Grease must be stored in approved grease containers
- Grease must be picked up as needed by a licensed company
- Health permits are renewed by Jan. 1 of the following year
- Floors, wall and etc. must be kept clean and free of grease and debris
- In and around equipment must be and free of grease and debris
- Must be free of insects and rodents
- All food waste must be covered and in closed rodent-proof receptacles
- Curbside food waste must be in closed rodent-proof receptacles
- Fire extinguishers must be inspected once a year
- Kitchens are required to have K-type extinguishers
- Kitchen hoods must be cleaned quarterly for work cooking, 24 hours cooking and charbroiling cooking (yellow sticker)
- Ansul system must be inspected every 6 months
- Systems must be cleaned by a cleaner registered in Boston
Please provide a copy of your current grease and trash disposal contract from a licensed company
Environmental services: (617) 691-3422
Health division: (617) 635-5326
This post is also available in: Chinese