Nominations now open for the 2013 Boston Educator of the Year
BOSTON –Mayor Thomas M. Menino, Boston School Committee Chair Michael O’Neill, Boston Public Schools Superintendent Carol R. Johnson, and Boston Teachers Union President Richard Stutman are pleased to announce that the nominations for the annual Boston Educators of the Year awards are now open.
The awards recognize outstanding teachers, paraprofessionals, guidance counselors, school nurses and other educators who have made a unique contribution to their students, their classrooms, and their schools.
· Have demonstrated a deep commitment to the students, to their school as a whole, and to their subject matter
· Have shown a willingness to adapt to changes in teaching and learning and working with children of all abilities
· Have reached out to parents
· Have “gone above and beyond” and have taken on additional responsibilities (such as mentoring and helping others, engaging in extra-curricular activities, working with the local community, or furthering their own professional development)
· Teach with creativity, innovation, passion, and depth
· Have worked in the Boston Public Schools for at least three years and have clearly developed an enthusiasm for teaching Boston Public School children
Nominations will be accepted until April 11. Forms can be found at: http://boston.k12.ma.us/
Please submit nominations to BostonEducator@cityofboston.
An independent committee composed of parents, teachers, community leaders will make the final selection. Winners will be honored on Tuesday, June 11 at CitI Performing Arts Center/Wang theatre.
For more information, please contact Martha Pierce,martha.pierce@
Thelma DaSilva | 617.635.9494 email@example.com