March is Women’s History Month
A time to celebrate and honor women’s contribution to history, culture and society.
Join us at the screening of MissRepresentation a film that exposes how mainstream media contribute to the underrepresentation of women in positions of power and influence in America.
Immediately following the screening will be a discussion panel led by Tailored for Success’ Liz Hart.
Wednesday, March 13, 2013
Malden Senior Community Center
7 Washington Street
Sponsored by the Office of Mayor Gary Christenson.
Admission is free and all are welcome to attend
- American teenagers spend 10 hours and 45 minutes of media consumption a day.
- By the age of 18, American teens will have seen 200,000 acts of violence on TV.
- 67 countries in the world have had female presidents or prime ministers. The U.S. is not one of them.
- Women hold only 3% of clout positions in mainstream media.
- 53% of 13 year old girls are unhappy with their bodies. That number increases to 78% by the age 17.
- 17% of teens engage in cutting and self-injurious behavior.
- What kind of message is your child getting from mainstream media?